Friday 13 January 2012

Cooking with my 5 year old

On Wednesday I decided I would let my 5 year old daughter cook dinner with me, As my husband is on late shifts this week the kids eat on there own and I eat with my husband when he gets back, So it was a great chance to get my daughter involved in her own dinner, I chose something simple for her to help me with, It was pasta with a tomato sauce,

The Ingredients are:
1 tsp oil
1 onion (although we added more as my kids love them)
1 garlic clove
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
ground black pepper
and the pasta

It was really quick and simple to do all you need to do is cook the onions in the oil until soft then add all the other ingredients (apart from the pasta)and then simmer gently until the sauce has thickened while waiting for the sauce to thicken we cooked the pasta up.
When it was done I put some on my kids plates and the rest of the sauce I put in the fridge to use the nest day for them.
My daughter was so impressed that she helped cook it that she at every last mouthful and said it tasted very yummy.
This will be something I do more often with my daughter as she always asks to help me but I thought it would take to long with her helping but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Also for those of you out there on diets you would be pleased to know that its only 343kcals per portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment