Sunday 1 January 2012

Looking back at 2011

2011 wasn't a bad year for me, I started the year off pregnant with my 3rd baby and because we knew that she was a girl we spent most of the first few months of the year buying lot of pink clothes for her and sorting out where she was going to sleep, we was very organized this time round mainly because she was are 3rd, So for me the first few months flew by and before I knew it April was here and it was my sons 2nd birthday (3rd April) We didn't do much for his birthday as I was very pregnant by now (Baby was due 29th April)

As soon as I was 37 weeks pregnant I started getting some terrible pains down the side of my bump So I called the midwife Just to get checked over to make sure everything was fine with our baby, For us to find out our baby was breech so I was sent off to the hospital to double check it with a scan and then they told me they would try turning her, Sadly this didn't work so they booked me in for a c-section not what I wanted and was in tears when I was told, My c-section was booked for the 27th April so I had time to get used to the idea or so I thought.

On the 21st April my son was struggling to breath (a normal thing for him when he gets a cold) So I rushed him off to the doctors to get checked out as he was on a nebulizer I felt a contraction and thought to myself it was just another false alarm (I had been having them all week and kept getting sent to the hospital to make sure I wasn't in labour) My son got put on stroids and given another inhaler to take and then the doctor said she wanted to see him back at 6pm the same day to see if it was working or he would have to go to hospital.
By 3pm My contractions were getting worse but all I could think about was my son, So I rang my husband to get him to come home from work, He got back by 4pm and I was still in denial that I was really in labour, In the end my husband rang the labour ward and they said we had to go strait in, But my mind went staright to my son and what if he has to go into hospital and the thought he wouldn't have his mummy and daddy with him, Lucky for us my sister said she will have him and if he needs to go to hospital she will be with him.

By 6:30pm I was at the hospital when all hell broke lose as my husband had forgot to tell them on the phone that I was carrying breech and booked in for a c-section, The next 30mins was a blur to me and by 7pm we had our beautiful baby girl in our arms weighing a tiny 5lb 3oz, When I was in the recovery room I said to my husband I wonder if my sister inlaw has had her baby yet as she was due 2 weeks before me but was a week late, Little did I now she was having mild contractions and cursing me because I had already had mine but on the 23rd April she had finally had her baby girl.

Before I knew it was May and time to start thinking of what to get my oldest daughter for her birthday, She knew she wasn't having a party this year as I was still recovering from my c-section but she was ok with that. Then finally the day she had been waiting for 18th May and her birthday was finally here sadly for her it was a school day but we let her open her presents before going to school and she couldn't wait to get to school and tell her friends what she got.
Then as quick as May had arrived for us it was soon gone and we was onto June my birthday month I never do anything for my birthday and never really ask for anything for it either, Yet people always still managed to buy me things I like.
Before I knew it, it was school summer holidays sadly we didn't have the best weather this summer so half of the things I planned for the kids to do just couldn't happen but I still managed to keep my kids entertained.
Come August it was mine and my husbands 6th wedding anniversary so we got my mum round to look after the kids while we went out to the pub for a few drinks although I don't drink alcohol I still managed to have a good night away from the kids. Also in August I had already started to think about Christmas I never normally do and tend to leave it till the last minute but knowing this year I had 5 nieces and nephews to buy for plus 3 of my own children I just knew we had to start early, So when I would see things in the shops that I thought would be a great present I would buy it for them and put it away, Come September I had already filled up one big box full of bits for presents, Then it was time for my daughter to go back to school I was worried at first how she would react as she would be doing proper work this time round but to my surprise she loved it.
And then before I new it December was here (for me 2011 had flown by) and it was time to put the Christmas decorations up, Lucky for me this year I was prepared for Christmas so wasn't worried about anything as we had finished all our shopping in November, Which mad it possible for me to buy my husband an extra special present his Kindle.

This year we have had are ups and downs, With finding out about my oldest daughter and my son both having eye problems which the hospital had first thought it could possibly be more than
just eye problems, But lucky for them they got the all clear after having lots of tests done
But I would have to say 2011 has been a great year and I just hope 2012 can be just as good.

Now I'm going to post a few of my favorite photos from the year.





One of the hotest days we had

My little girl having fun in her jumperoo

No comments:

Post a Comment